Thanks to James Levinsohn, Linda Tesar, Warren Whatley and to our anonymous referee and the editor for very helpful comments and corrections. Also, special thanks are extended to Joshua S Louria, and Deepti Iyer for their invaluable research assistance, and to seminar participants at the Cliometrics Society annual meetings and at the NBER summer institute. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and should not be attributed to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System or other members of its staff.
That’s Where The Money Was: Foreign Bias and English Investment Abroad, 1866–1907*
Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2010
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2010
The Economic Journal
Volume 120, Issue 547, pages 1056–1079, September 2010
How to Cite
Chabot, B. R. and Kurz, C. J. (2010), That’s Where The Money Was: Foreign Bias and English Investment Abroad, 1866–1907. The Economic Journal, 120: 1056–1079. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2009.02346.x
- Issue online: 2 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2010
- Submitted: 23 April 2005 Accepted: 8 September 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!