This article was developed from the Frank Hahn Lecture, delivered at the Royal Economic Society Meeting in spring 2009. We acknowledge terrific research support from Kyle Chauvin. We are grateful for the advice of Effi Benmelech, Alan Blinder, Emmanuel Farhi, Benjamin Friedman, Edward Glaeser, Owen Lamont, Jaewoo Lee, Andrei Shleifer, Jeremy Stein, Luis Viceira and participants at the Royal Economic Society Meeting in 2009. Laibson acknowledges financial support from the National Science Foundation (DMS-0527518) and the National Institute on Aging (R01-AG-021650, R01-AG-1665, P30-AG-012810).
Capital Flows, Consumption Booms and Asset Bubbles: A Behavioural Alternative to the Savings Glut Hypothesis*
Article first published online: 6 MAY 2010
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2010
The Economic Journal
Volume 120, Issue 544, pages 354–374, May 2010
How to Cite
Laibson, D. and Mollerstrom, J. (2010), Capital Flows, Consumption Booms and Asset Bubbles: A Behavioural Alternative to the Savings Glut Hypothesis. The Economic Journal, 120: 354–374. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2010.02363.x
- Issue published online: 6 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 6 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!