This article is a revised version of the Bank of England Working Paper No. 266-2006 entitled ‘Price Puzzle: Fact or Artefact?’. We thank Andrew Scott and two anonymous referees for useful comments and suggestions. We are also grateful to Peter Andrews, Luca Benati, Gianluca Benigno, Pierpaolo Benigno, Giacomo Carboni, Larry Christiano, Tim Cogley, Marco Del Negro, Luca Gambetti, Marc Giannoni, Paolo Giordani, Thomas Lubik, Haroon Mumtaz, Salvatore Nisticò, Harald Uhlig, Guglielmo Weber and participants at the Quantitative Macroeconomics Research Network (Hamburg), University of Padua, Bank of England, X SMYE (Geneva), Bocconi University, 34th ACE (Melbourne), Reserve Bank of Australia, University of Sidney, IV Macroeconomic Dynamics Workshop (Bologna), University of Glasgow, Sveriges Riksbank, RES 2008 (University of Warwick) and LUISS for very useful feedback. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Bank of Finland.
Monetary Policy, Inflation Expectations and The Price Puzzle*
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
© Bank of England. Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2010
The Economic Journal
Volume 120, Issue 549, pages 1262–1283, December 2010
How to Cite
Castelnuovo, E. and Surico, P. (2010), Monetary Policy, Inflation Expectations and The Price Puzzle. The Economic Journal, 120: 1262–1283. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2010.02368.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
- Submitted: 6 June 2008 Accepted: 14 October 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!