Corresponding author: Michael Lechner, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen, Varnbüelstr. 14, CH-9000, Switzerland. Email: Michael.Lechner@unisg.ch.
A Caseworker Like Me – Does The Similarity Between The Unemployed and Their Caseworkers Increase Job Placements?*
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2010
The Economic Journal
Volume 120, Issue 549, pages 1430–1459, December 2010
How to Cite
Behncke, S., Frölich, M. and Lechner, M. (2010), A Caseworker Like Me – Does The Similarity Between The Unemployed and Their Caseworkers Increase Job Placements?. The Economic Journal, 120: 1430–1459. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2010.02382.x
Stefanie Behncke was visiting the Centre for Health Economics in York while a substantial part of this article was written. She acknowledges financial support by the Swiss National Science Foundation. In particular, we are very grateful to Heidi Steiger for helping us with the data and to Stephan Hammer for the fruitful co-operation in this project. We thank the research fund of the Swiss unemployment insurance system for providing the administrative database as well as substantial financial support for this project. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the Swiss National Bank. The usual disclaimer applies.
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
- Submitted: 30 July 2008 Accepted: 18 January 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!