Corresponding author: Loukas Karabarbounis, University of Chicago, Booth School of Business, 5807 South Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Dollar, One Vote†
Article first published online: 19 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 553, pages 621–651, June 2011
How to Cite
Karabarbounis, L. (2011), One Dollar, One Vote. The Economic Journal, 121: 621–651. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2010.02406.x
I thank Alberto Alesina, James Alt, Oded Galor, Dale Jorgenson, Larry Katz, Randy Kroszner, Torsten Persson, Giacomo Ponzetto, Louis Putterman, James Robinson, Andrei Shleifer, Romain Wacziarg and Matthew Weinzierl for useful discussions and helpful comments. Most of all, special thanks go to Igor Barenboim for many exciting discussions and for his contribution to an earlier version of the article. Finally, I thank the Editor (Antonio Ciccone) and two anonymous referees for their constructive suggestions.
- Issue published online: 2 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 19 JAN 2011
- Submitted: 19 October 2009 Accepted: 6 September 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!