Corresponding author: Andrew K. Rose, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720-1900, USA. Email: email@example.com.
The Olympic Effect*
Article first published online: 19 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 553, pages 652–677, June 2011
How to Cite
Rose, A. K. and Spiegel, M. M. (2011), The Olympic Effect. The Economic Journal, 121: 652–677. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2010.02407.x
We thank Christopher Candelaria for excellent research assistance, and Keith Head for help with his tetradic programs. For comments, we thank: Antonio Ciccone, John Fernald; Reuven Glick; Yuri Gorodnichenko; Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas; Galina Hale; Dennis Novy; Assaf Razin; Glenn Rudebusch; Jay Shambaugh; Bent Sorensen; Eric Swanson; Linda Tesar; Shang-Jin Wei; John Williams; Eric van Wincoop; two anonymous referees; and workshop participants at Berkeley, Copenhagen, FRBSF, NBER, Tsinghua and UCSD. More extensive, earlier and current versions of this article are available at: http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/arose, along with the relevant data sets and sample output. The views presented in this article are those of authors and do not represent the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco or the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve.
- Issue published online: 2 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 19 JAN 2011
- Submitted: 13 October 2009 Accepted: 2 September 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!