Corresponding author: Andrew Healy, Department of Economics, Loyola Marymount University, 1 LMU Drive, Room 4229, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA. Email: email@example.com.
Can Teams Help to Close the Gender Competition Gap?*
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 555, pages 1192–1204, September 2011
How to Cite
Healy, A. and Pate, J. (2011), Can Teams Help to Close the Gender Competition Gap?. The Economic Journal, 121: 1192–1204. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2010.02409.x
For detailed comments on earlier drafts of this article, we thank Richard Fox, Dorothea Herreiner, and Stephan Kroll. We thank participants in the 2007 Economic Science Association meetings in Tucson, AZ, for helpful comments. We also thank Gena Gammie, Kevin Gomez, and Jacob Wasag for excellent research assistance and acknowledge a Loyola Marymount Faculty Research Grant for financial support.
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2011
- Submitted: 15 January 2010 Accepted: 30 July 2010
This article has been cited by:
- 2Gender differences in competition and sabotage, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2014, 100, 64, ,
- 3Honesty in managerial reporting: How competition affects the benefits and costs of lying, Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 2014,,
- 4How competitive are female professionals? A tale of identity conflict, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2013, 92, 284, , ,