Corresponding author: Timothy Besley, Department of Eonomics, London School of Economics, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Educated Leaders Matter?*
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 554, pages F205–227, August 2011
How to Cite
Besley, T., Montalvo, J. G. and Reynal-Querol, M. (2011), Do Educated Leaders Matter?. The Economic Journal, 121: F205–227. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02448.x
We are grateful to the referees, conference participants, and especially Angus Deaton and Steve Pischke for useful suggestions. Anne Brockmeyer provided helpful comments on an earlier draft of the article. We thank Florencia Abiuso for excellent research assistance. Besley thanks the Economic and Social Research Council and CIFAR for funding. Reynal-Querol is grateful for funding from the European Research Council under the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013)/ERC grant agreement n. 203576. Reynal-Querol and Montalvo acknowledge the financial support of the grant SEJ2007-64340 from the Spanish Ministerio de Educación, the Barcelona GSE Research Network and the Government of Catalonia.
- Issue online: 21 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!