Corresponding author: Beata S. Javorcik, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, Manor Road Building, Manor Road, Oxford OX1 3UQ, UK. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roll Out the Red Carpet and They Will Come: Investment Promotion and FDI Inflows*
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 557, pages 1445–1476, December 2011
How to Cite
Harding, T. and Javorcik, B. S. (2011), Roll Out the Red Carpet and They Will Come: Investment Promotion and FDI Inflows. The Economic Journal, 121: 1445–1476. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02454.x
We would like to thank Naotaka Sawada and Geoff Revell for assistance with data collection. We are indebted to Kelly Andrews Johnson for helpful suggestions on how to conduct an IPA Census. We thank Rita Almeida, Gabor Bekes, Andy Bernard, Antonio Ciccone, Wim Douw, Jon Fiva, C. Fritz Foley, Holger Görg, Keith Head, Bernard Hoekman, Leonardo Iacovone, Kozo Kiyota, Aart Kraay, Phil Levy, Molly Lipscomb, Bob Lipsey, Rocco Macchiavello, Will Martin, Timo Mitze, Ted Moran, Rick van der Ploeg, Jørn Rattsø, two anonymous referees, participants of the 2007 European Research Workshop on International Trade in Kiel, the 2007 Empirical Investigation in International Economics conference in Ljubljana, the 2007 Spring Meeting of Young Economists, the 2009 Royal Economic Society conference, the 2009 Empirical Investigation in Trade and Growth conference in Melbourne, the 2010 Empirical Investigation in Trade and Investment conference in Tokyo, the 2010 European Economic Association conference and seminar participants at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, University of Oxford, Statistics Norway, the World Bank and the US International Trade Commission for useful comments. Harding is grateful for financial support from the Research Council of Norway and the Oxford Centre for Resource Rich Economies (Oxcarre).
- Issue published online: 1 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
- Submitted: 23 February 2009 Accepted: 15 January 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!