Corresponding author: J. Philipp Reiss, Department of Economics, Maastricht University, P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands. Email: p.reiss@MaastrichtUniversity.nl.
Out-Of-Equilibrium Bids in First-Price Auctions: Wrong Expectations or Wrong Bids*
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 557, pages 1361–1397, December 2011
How to Cite
Kirchkamp, O. and Reiß, J. P. (2011), Out-Of-Equilibrium Bids in First-Price Auctions: Wrong Expectations or Wrong Bids. The Economic Journal, 121: 1361–1397. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02455.x
Financial support from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft through SFB 504 is gratefully acknowledged. We thank Jean-Jacques Herings, Arno Riedl, participants in seminar and conference audiences in Aberdeen, Bayreuth, Berlin, Bonn, Cologne, Dundee, Edinburgh, Erfurt, Maastricht, Jena, Shanghai, St. Andrews and Vienna. The article greatly benefited from helpful suggestions and comments of David Myatt (the editor) and three anonymous referees.
- Issue published online: 1 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2011
- Submitted: 16 September 2008 Accepted: 20 January 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!