Corresponding author: James Mitchell, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK. Email: email@example.com.
The drivers of international migration to the UK: A panel-based Bayesian model averaging approach*
Article first published online: 23 AUG 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 557, pages 1398–1444, December 2011
How to Cite
Mitchell, J., Pain, N. and Riley, R. (2011), The drivers of international migration to the UK: A panel-based Bayesian model averaging approach. The Economic Journal, 121: 1398–1444. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02459.x
We thank four anonymous referees, Carla Clifton and Jonathan Wadsworth for their comments. Funding from the Department for Communities and Local Government is gratefully acknowledged by Mitchell and Riley. Material from the Labour Force Survey and International Passenger Survey is Crown Copyright; these have been made available by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) both directly and through the UK Data Archive (UKDA) and have been used by permission. Neither the ONS nor the UKDA bear any responsibility for the analysis or interpretation of the data reported here.
- Issue published online: 1 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 23 AUG 2011
- Submitted: 29 July 2003 Accepted: 3 March 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Growth econometrics for agnostics and true believers, European Economic Review, 2016, 81, 86, ,
- 3Comparing inter-migration within the European Union and China: An initial exploration, Migration Studies, 2014, 2, 3, 340, , , ,
- 5Problematising the interplay between employment relations, migration and mobility, Employee Relations, 2012, 34, 6, 580, , ,