Corresponding author: Michael Anderson, 207 Giannini Hall MC 3310, Berkeley, CA 94720-3310, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Effects of Promotions on Heart Disease: Evidence from Whitehall*
Article first published online: 20 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 561, pages 555–589, June 2012
How to Cite
Anderson, M. and Marmot, M. (2012), The Effects of Promotions on Heart Disease: Evidence from Whitehall. The Economic Journal, 122: 555–589. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02472.x
We are extremely grateful to Tarani Chandola and other members of the Whitehall II Study Group, for their help in accessing the data used in this study. We also thank Jerome Adda, Anna Aizer, Josh Angrist, David Autor, David Card, Michael Greenstone, Jonathan Gruber, Ted Miguel and members of the MIT Labor Lunch, UC Berkeley Health Economics Workshop and UIC Health Economics Seminar for their insightful comments. Funding from the National Institute on Aging, through Grant Number T32-AG00186 to the National Bureau of Economic Research, the George Schultz Fund and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is gratefully acknowledged. The authors bear sole responsibility for the contents of this article.
- Issue published online: 1 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 20 OCT 2011
- Submitted: 11 June 2010 Accepted: 20 June 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!