Corresponding author: Roger E. A. Farmer, Department of Economics, UCLA, 8283 Bunche Hall, Box 951477, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidence, Crashes and Animal Spirits*
Version of Record online: 20 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 559, pages 155–172, March 2012
How to Cite
Farmer, R. E. A. (2012), Confidence, Crashes and Animal Spirits. The Economic Journal, 122: 155–172. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02474.x
The author gratefully acknowledges the support of NSF grant 0720839. I wish to thank Katrin Assenmacher-Wesche, Amy Brown, Larry Christiano, Anton Cheremukhin, Alain Delacroix, Gauti Eggersston, Martin Ellison, Marco Guerrazzi, Peter Howitt, Masanori Kashiwagi, James Nason, Roberto Perotti, Valery Ramey and Andrew Scott for their comments on an earlier version of this article and on a related paper that influenced the final draft. I also thank three referees of this Journal for their insightful comments.
- Issue online: 5 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 20 OCT 2011
- Submitted: 4 January 2010 Accepted: 5 July 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!