Corresponding author: Rafael Lalive, Department of Economics, University of Lausanne, Bâtiment Internef Bureau 536, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland. Email: Rafael.Lalive@unil.ch.
The Demand for Social Insurance: Does Culture Matter?*
Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 121, Issue 556, pages F413–F448, November 2011
How to Cite
Eugster, B., Lalive, R., Steinhauer, A. and Zweimüller, J. (2011), The Demand for Social Insurance: Does Culture Matter?. The Economic Journal, 121: F413–F448. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02479.x
We thank, without implicating, an anonymous referee, Sam Bowles, Raj Chetty, Ernst Fehr, Lorenz Goette, Karla Hoff, Mathias Thoenig, H. Peyton Young and seminar participants at University of Lausanne and Zurich for helpful comments on previous versions of this article. This project uses data from the Swiss Household Panel (SHP) and we thank Oliver Lipps for support concerning the interpretation and enrichment of the original SHP data and Jayson Danton for editorial assistance. Research funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation (Grant No. 100012-120356/1) is gratefully acknowledged.
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!