Corresponding author: Michael A. Clemens, Center for Global Development, 1800 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20036, USA. Email: email@example.com.
Counting Chickens when they Hatch: Timing and the Effects of Aid on Growth*
Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 561, pages 590–617, June 2012
How to Cite
Clemens, M. A., Radelet, S., Bhavnani, R. R. and Bazzi, S. (2012), Counting Chickens when they Hatch: Timing and the Effects of Aid on Growth. The Economic Journal, 122: 590–617. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02482.x
We benefited greatly from extensive discussions with William Easterly, Aart Kraay, Simon Johnson, David Roodman, and Arvind Subramanian. We appreciate numerous substantive suggestions from Martin Alsop, Nancy Birdsall, François Bourguignon, William Cline, Paul Collier, Shanta Devarajan, Alan Gelb, Stephen Knack, Daniel Morrow, Peter Timmer, Nicholas Stern, Mark Sundberg, Jeremy Weinstein, Adrian Wood, four anonymous referees, and seminar participants at the Center for Global Development (CGD), the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, American University, the US Treasury, the UK Department for International Development and the US Agency for International Development. We are grateful for the assistance of Valérie Gaveau and Virginia Braunstein of the OECD. This research was generously supported by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and CGD. All viewpoints and any errors are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not represent CGD, its Board of Directors, or its funders.
- Issue online: 1 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2011
- Submitted: 31 May 2005 Accepted: 10 July 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!