Corresponding author: Maarten Lindeboom, Department of Economics, VU University, Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Email: email@example.com. We gratefully acknowledge ABP for making the administrative data available. We acknowledge the comments and suggestions of Lex Borghans, Norma Coe, Thomas Dohmen, Owen O'Donnel, Arnaud Dupuy, Hans van Kippersluis, Ben Kriechel, Jörn-Steffen Pischke, Jan Sauermann, two referees and seminar participants at Pompeu Fabra Barcelona, the University of Sheffield, the Netspar Theme Conference on Health and Retirement, ESPE and EALE.
Shattered Dreams: The Effects of Changing the Pension System Late in the Game*
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2011 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 559, pages 1–25, March 2012
How to Cite
Grip, A. D., Lindeboom, M. and Montizaan, R. (2012), Shattered Dreams: The Effects of Changing the Pension System Late in the Game. The Economic Journal, 122: 1–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02486.x
Until 1 January 2002, pension benefits were calculated using wage earnings in the year prior to retirement. Since 2002, pension benefits have been calculated using average annual earnings.
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2011
- Submitted: 14 January 2010 Accepted: 31 May 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!