Corresponding author: Joachim Winter, Department of Economics, University of Munich, Ludwigstr. 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules of Thumb in Life-cycle Saving Decisions*
Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Special Issue: FOUNDATIONS OF REVEALED PREFERENCE
Volume 122, Issue 560, pages 479–501, May 2012
How to Cite
Winter, J. K., Schlafmann, K. and Rodepeter, R. (2012), Rules of Thumb in Life-cycle Saving Decisions. The Economic Journal, 122: 479–501. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02502.x
This article is a substantially revised and extended version of unpublished research by Rodepeter and Winter (1999). We thank Michael Adam, Axel Börsch-Supan, Thomas Crossley, Angelika Eymann, Werner Güth, Silke Januszewski, Ronald Lee, Alexander Ludwig, Annamaria Lusardi, Daniel McFadden, Matthew Rabin, Paul Ruud, Daniel Schunk, the special issue editor (Rachel Griffith) and referees, and participants at numerous seminars and conferences for helpful discussions and comments. We gratefully acknowledge financial support by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) through SFB 504 at the University of Mannheim (Rodepeter and Winter) and through GRK 801 at the University of Munich (Schlafmann). Kathrin Schlafmann also gratefully acknowledges support by LMU Mentoring.
- Issue online: 12 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 FEB 2012 12:00AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!