Corresponding author: Markus Brückner, National University of Singapore, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, AS2 Level 6, 1 Arts Link, Singapore 117570, Singapore. Email: email@example.com.
Commodity Windfalls, Democracy and External Debt*
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 561, pages 848–866, June 2012
How to Cite
Arezki, R. and Brückner, M. (2012), Commodity Windfalls, Democracy and External Debt. The Economic Journal, 122: 848–866. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02508.x
We thank Ning Fu for excellent research assistance, three anonymous referees, the editor Wouter Den Haan and Bertrand Candelon, Jiandong Ju, Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti as well as participants at the INFINITI and Tsinghua-Columbia conference on international finance for helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Ali Alichi for sharing his dataset on external debt default. Brückner gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Technology provided by CICYTECO2008-04997. The views in this article are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily represent those of the IMF or IMF policy.
- Issue published online: 1 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JAN 2012 09:56AM EST
- Submitted: 12 November 2010 , Accepted: 10 September 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!