Correspondence regarding this article may be sent to: Marius Brülhart, Département d’économétrie et économie politique, Ecole des HEC, Université de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland, email: Marius.Brulhart@unil.ch; Mario Jametti, Mecop Institute, University of Lugano, Via G. Buffi 13, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland, email: email@example.com; Kurt Schmidheiny, Universität Basel, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Peter Merian-Weg 6, 4002 Basel, Switzerland, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do agglomeration economies reduce the sensitivity of firm location to tax differentials?*
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 563, pages 1069–1093, September 2012
How to Cite
Brülhart, M., Jametti, M. and Schmidheiny, K. (2012), Do agglomeration economies reduce the sensitivity of firm location to tax differentials?. The Economic Journal, 122: 1069–1093. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02511.x
We thank Jörn-Steffen Pischke (the editor) for very helpful comments. We have also benefited from suggestions by Richard Baldwin, Antonio Ciccone, Gilles Duranton, Diego Puga, Helen Simpson, Albert Solé-Ollé, Dan Trefler, Federico Trionfetti, Jean-François Wen and seminar participants at the Universities of Barcelona, Dijon, Geneva (Graduate Institute of International Studies), IFS, KU Leuven, the London School of Economics, Madrid (Complutense), Nottingham, Pompeu Fabra, St. Gallen, Strathclyde, Toronto, Vienna (IHS), Warwick (IIPF) and York. Jean-François Fracheboud and Andrea Grossi at the Swiss Federal Statistical Office have generously facilitated our access to the data. Financial support from the Swiss National Science Foundation (grants CRSI11-130648, PBLA1-106054, PA001-105026 and NCCR Trade Regulation), from the EU's Sixth Framework Programme (‘Micro-Dyn’ project), from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation (Ramon y Cajal and Consolider SEJ2007-64340) and the Barcelona GSE Research Network is gratefully acknowledged.
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JAN 2012 10:04AM EST
- Submitted: 25 November 2009 Accepted: 19 September 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!