Corresponding author: Alejandro Donado, Department of Economics, University of Würzburg, Sandering 2, 97070 Würzburg, Germany, Email: email@example.com.
How trade unions increase welfare*
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 563, pages 990–1009, September 2012
How to Cite
Donado, A. and Wa¨lde, K. (2012), How trade unions increase welfare. The Economic Journal, 122: 990–1009. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02513.x
We thank numerous seminar (including Louvain-la-Neuve, Heidelberg and Yale) and conference (including conferences of the Royal Economic Society, EEA, EALE and CESifo) participants for lively discussions and comments, especially Raouf Boucekkine, Bill Brainard, Guido Cozzi, Matthias Doepke, Switgard Feuerstein, Michael Kaganovich, Jürgen Meckl, Giuseppe Moscarini, Paul Segerstrom, Hylke Vandenbussche, Fabrizio Zilibotti and an anonymous referee. We are especially indebted to the Co-editor for very constructive comments. This article and the companion article Donado and Wälde (2010a) are extended versions of an earlier version circulated as Donado and Wälde (2008).
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JAN 2012 10:13AM EST
- Submitted: 9 September 2010 Accepted: 27 September 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!