Corresponding author: Lena Hensvik, Institute for Labour Market Policy Evaluation, Box 513, 75120 Uppsala, Sweden. Email: email@example.com
Competition, Wages and Teacher Sorting: Lessons Learned from a Voucher Reform*
Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 561, pages 799–824, June 2012
How to Cite
Hensvik, L. (2012), Competition, Wages and Teacher Sorting: Lessons Learned from a Voucher Reform. The Economic Journal, 122: 799–824. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02514.x
I thank the editor and two anonymous referees for their constructive suggestions. I am also grateful to Olof Aslund, Erling Barth, David Figlio, Erik Grönqvist, Caroline Hoxby, Francis Kramarz, Mikael Lindahl, Matti Sarvimäki, Peter Nilsson, Oskar Nordström Skans, Jonas Vlachos and audiences at IFAU, VATT, the ‘Labor Development Reading Group’ lunch at Stanford, the 2010 ELE Summer Institute in Reykjavik and the 2010 All California Labor Conference in Santa Barbara for helpful discussions and comments. I am also particularly grateful to Björn Öckert, Olle Folke, Mikael Lindahl and Anders Böhlmark for kindly sharing the data. Part of this work was completed while visiting Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research. I thank FAS and the Berch and Borgström foundations for their financial support.
- Issue online: 1 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JAN 2012 10:14AM EST
- Submitted: 21 October 2010 Accepted: 4 October 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!