Corresponding author: Dirk Engelmann, Department of Economics, University of Mannheim, L7, 3-5, D-68131 Mannheim, Germany. Email: email@example.com
Mechanisms for Efficient Voting with Private Information about Preferences*
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 563, pages 1010–1041, September 2012
How to Cite
Engelmann, D. and Grimm, V. (2012), Mechanisms for Efficient Voting with Private Information about Preferences. The Economic Journal, 122: 1010–1041. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02515.x
We thank Todd Kaplan, Wieland Müller, Hans-Theo Normann, Aljaž Ule, the editor David Myatt and three referees as well as seminar participants at the University of Alicante, Royal Holloway, Tinbergen Institute, the University of Hannover, the University of Magdeburg, the University of Karlsruhe, Dundee University, the University of St. Andrews, the University of Copenhagen, the University of Exeter, as well as participants at the ESA meetings in Montreal and Alessandria, the EEA congress in Vienna and the Verein für Socialpolitik meeting in Bayreuth for helpful comments and suggestions. Part of this research was conducted while Engelmann was a faculty member at Royal Holloway, University of London. Engelmann acknowledges financial support from Royal Holloway and from the institutional research grant AV0Z70850503 of the Economics Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v.v.i.
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JAN 2012 10:16AM EST
- Submitted: 22 March 2011 Accepted: 30 Oct 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!