Corresponding author: Omer Moav, Department of Economics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem 91905, Israel. E-mail: email@example.com
Saving Rates and Poverty: The Role of Conspicuous Consumption and Human Capital*
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 563, pages 933–956, September 2012
How to Cite
Moav and , O. and Neeman, Z. (2012), Saving Rates and Poverty: The Role of Conspicuous Consumption and Human Capital. The Economic Journal, 122: 933–956. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02516.x
The authors are grateful for comments from participants at seminars in ANU, Auckland, Boston University, Brown, City University London, Harvard/MIT, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Helsinki Center of Economic Research, Royal Holloway University of London, University of Bristol, University of Copenhagen and Universitat Zurich, as well as conference participants at SMYE 2008, Lille; ESSIM, Tarragona 2008; Intergenerational Economic Mobility, Edinburgh, June 2008; Economics of Education and Education Policy in Europe, Amsterdam, October 2008; NBER Summer Institute 2009; EEA-ESEM, Barcelona 2009; Israeli Economic Association Meetings, June 2010; Behavioral Economics, The Yoram Ben-Porath Fund, Jerusalem, June 2010, The IDC Workshop, Herzelia, December 2010. Abhijit Banerjee, Alexander Danzer, Raquel Fernandez, Oded Galor, Frederic Jouneau, Johan Lagerlof, Victor Lavy, Joram Mayshar, Dilip Mookherjee, Yona Rubinstein, Avichai Snir, David Weil and Itzhak Zilcha all provided useful comments. The authors are grateful to Diana Egerton-Warburton for many valuable comments and discussions.
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 JAN 2012 03:13PM EST
- Submitted: 8 November 2010 Accepted: 5 November 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!