Corresponding author: Pau Olivella, Department of Economics, Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain. Email: email@example.com.
Testing for Asymmetric Information in Private Health Insurance*
Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 567, pages 96–130, March 2013
How to Cite
Olivella, P. and Vera-Hernández, M. (2013), Testing for Asymmetric Information in Private Health Insurance. The Economic Journal, 123: 96–130. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02520.x
We are indebted to Phillips Blackburn, Erin Flood, Charlie McEwan, and Simon Moody for their contribution to our understanding of the private health insurance market in the UK. We are grateful for useful comments from Jörn–Steffen Pischke (Editor), and three anonymous referees, as well as Jerome Adda, James Bank, Sami Berlinski, Richard Blundell, Simon Burgess, Winnand Emmons, Emla Fitzsimons, Izabela Jelovac, Jonas Kinge, Matilde Machado, Inés Macho-Stadler, Judith Payne, Carol Propper, Lise Rochaix-Ranson, Bernard Salanié and other participants at seminars in Bristol, UCL, Imperial, City, Oslo, Chicago, Barcelona and Ankara. All remaining errors are our sole responsibility. Vera-Hernández acknowledges support from the ESRC Centre for the Microeconomic Analysis of Public Policy (RES-544-28-0001). Olivella acknowledges the support of the Government of Catalonia, project 2009SGR-169; as well as from the Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia, project ECO2009-07616 and CONSOLIDER-INGENIO CSD2006-16. Olivella is a Research Fellow of MOVE.
- Issue online: 26 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 FEB 2012 12:46PM EST
- Submitted: 13 January 2010 Accepted: 8 November 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!