Corresponding author: David Miles, Monetary Policy Committee, HO-3, Bank of England, Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8AH. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimal Bank Capital*
Article first published online: 6 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 567, pages 1–37, March 2013
How to Cite
Miles, D., Yang, J. and Marcheggiano, G. (2013), Optimal Bank Capital. The Economic Journal, 123: 1–37. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02521.x
The authors are grateful to Anat Admati, Claudio Borio, John Cochrane, Iain de Weymarn, Andrew Haldane, Mikael Juselius, Mervyn King, Vicky Saporta, Jochen Schanz, Hyun Shin and Tomasz Wieladek for helpful comments. Jochen Schanz helped greatly to clarify our thinking about the link between our estimates of optimal capital ratios and Basel III rules. We also thank him for Appendix B. The article benefited greatly from the comments of two anonymous referees and of an editor of The Economic Journal. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors, and not necessarily those of the Bank of England or the Monetary Policy Committee or the Bank for International Settlements.
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 6 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 FEB 2012 12:46PM EST
- Submitted: 14 April 2011 Accepted: 23 December 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!