Corresponding author: Ben Vollaard, Economics Department, Tilburg University, Postbox 90153, 5000 LE, Tilburg, the Netherlands. Email: email@example.com.
Preventing crime through selective incapacitation*
Article first published online: 1 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 567, pages 262–284, March 2013
How to Cite
Vollaard, B. (2013), Preventing crime through selective incapacitation. The Economic Journal, 123: 262–284. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02522.x
I thank Jan van Ours, Meltem Daysal, Pierre Koning, Olivier Marie, Emily Owens, the editor Jörn-Steffen Pischke, two anonymous referees and seminar participants at University of Amsterdam, Cornell University, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Maastricht University, the Bonn 2010 Law and Economics workshop, and the American Society of Criminology 2010 Annual meeting for helpful comments. Crime and sentencing statistics were generously provided by Paul Linckens and Cyril van Schijndel with the Netherlands Department of Corrections (DJI) and Richard Beijersbergen van Henegouwen with the Netherlands Police (KLPD/IPOL). Financial support from Politie & Wetenschap is gratefully acknowledged.
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 1 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 FEB 2012 12:50PM EST
- Submitted: 7 January 2011 Accepted: 3 January 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!