Corresponding author: Michael Kvasnicka, RWI (Berlin Office), Hessische Str. 10, Berlin 10115, Germany. Email: Michael.Kvasnicka@rwi-essen.de.
World War II, Missing Men and Out of Wedlock Childbearing*
Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 567, pages 162–194, March 2013
How to Cite
Bethmann, D. and Kvasnicka, M. (2013), World War II, Missing Men and Out of Wedlock Childbearing. The Economic Journal, 123: 162–194. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02526.x
For helpful suggestions, we thank the editor Jörn-Steffen Pischke and two anonymous referees. The article has also benefited from useful comments by Silke Anger, Joshua Angrist, David Autor, Ronald Bachmann, Sebastian Braun, Michael C. Burda, Donald Cox, Paul Frijters, Jeanne Lafortune, Steve Machin, Andrew McClelland, Ju-Hyun Pyun, Albrecht Ritschl, Martin Spieß, Harald Uhlig, Axel Werwatz and participants of the 2009 Annual AEA Meeting in San Francisco, the 2007 Australasian Meeting of the Econometric Society, the 22nd Annual Congress of the European Economic Association, seminars of the Berlin Network of Labour Market Research (BeNA) and at the Queensland University of Technology and the 2007 annual conference of the Collaborative Research Center 649 on ‘Economic Risk’. Burcu Erdogan, Katja Hanewald and Arda Özcan have provided valuable research assistance. Financial support by the Fritz Thyssen Stiftung, the Brain Korea 21 Program, and the Collaborative Research Center 649 is gratefully acknowledged. All remaining errors are our own.
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 APR 2012 10:03AM EST
- Submitted: 1 October 2009 Accepted: 1 February 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!