Corresponding author: Oscar Arce, CNMV, Research and Statistics Department, Calle Miguel Ángel 11, 28010 Madrid, Spain. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking Competition, Housing Prices and Macroeconomic Stability*
Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 565, pages 1346–1372, December 2012
How to Cite
Andrés, J. and Arce, O. (2012), Banking Competition, Housing Prices and Macroeconomic Stability. The Economic Journal, 122: 1346–1372. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02531.x
We are grateful to Larry Christiano, Giancarlo Corsetti, Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, Martin Ellison, Jordi Galí, Matteo Iacoviello, Juan F. Jimeno, Robert Kollman, David López-Salido, Caterina Mendicino, Gabriel Pérez-Quirós, José-Victor Ríos-Rull, Jesús Saurina, Carlos Thomas, Garry Young and seminar participants at the second International Conference on Macroeconomics at Fundación Rafael del Pino (Madrid), Bank of Spain, CCBS/WGEM workshop at Bank of England, Sveriges Riksbank workshop on ‘Household Indebtness, House Prices and the Economy’, EACBN/CREI conference on ‘Business Cycle Developments, Financial Fragility, Housing and Commodity Prices’, European Central Bank workshop on ‘Monetary policy transmission mechanism in the euro area in its first 10 years’ and, especially editor Andrew Scott and one anonymous referee for valuable comments. The opinions expressed here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the CNMV. Javier Andrés acknowledges financial support by CICYT grants ECO2008-04669 and ECO2011-29050.
- Issue published online: 12 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 APR 2012 10:16AM EST
- Submitted: 28 June 2010 Accepted: 19 March 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!