Corresponding author: Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, Yale School of Management, 135 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA. Email: email@example.com.
Skilled Immigration and Innovation: Evidence from Enrolment Fluctuations in US Doctoral Programmes*
Version of Record online: 3 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 565, pages 1143–1176, December 2012
How to Cite
Stuen, E. T., Mobarak, A. M. and Maskus, K. E. (2012), Skilled Immigration and Innovation: Evidence from Enrolment Fluctuations in US Doctoral Programmes. The Economic Journal, 122: 1143–1176. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02543.x
We thank the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Innovation Policy and the Economy programme and the National Science Foundation SciSIP programme for financial support, the National Science Foundation Division of Science Resources and Statistics for providing data on Ph.D. recipients under a licensing agreement and Rich Beaudoin, James Choy and Christine Rohde for excellent research assistance. We are grateful to Martin Boileau, Lee Branstetter, Benjamin Jones, Fiona Scott-Morton, Stephen Redding, Mark Rosenzweig, Chris Udry, the editor Rachel Griffith, anonymous referees and seminar attendees at the NBER Innovation Policy and the Economy meetings, the NBER International Trade and Investment meetings, NBER Economics of Education Meetings, NSF SciSIP Conference, American Economic Association 2011 Annual Meetings, Duke University, Yale University and London School of Economics for helpful comments.
- Issue online: 12 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 3 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 MAY 2012 10:35AM EST
- Submitted: 14 November 2011 Accepted: 15 March 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!