Corresponding author: Vasco Cúurdia, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 33 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, NY 10045, New York. Email: email@example.com.
The Macroeconomic Effects of Large-scale Asset Purchase Programmes*
Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 564, pages F289–F315, November 2012
How to Cite
Chen, H., Cúrdia, V. and Ferrero, A. (2012), The Macroeconomic Effects of Large-scale Asset Purchase Programmes. The Economic Journal, 122: F289–F315. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02549.x
This article was prepared for the conference ‘Learning the Lessons from QE and Other Unconventional Monetary Policies’, which took place at Bank of England on 17–18 November 2011. Special thanks to Andrew Scott (the editor) and an anonymous referee for their extremely valuable suggestions, Richard Harrison for his discussion at the conference and the conference participants for their comments. We have also benefited from comments by Hal Cole, Frank Diebold, Stefano Eusepi, John Fernald, Keith Kuester, James Nason, Ed Nelson, Ricardo Reis, Glenn Rudebusch, Frank Schorfheide, Eric Swanson, Michael Woodford and seminar participants at the University of Pennsylvania, Federal Reserve Banks of New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco, University of California Santa Cruz and the European Economic Association 2011 Meetings in Oslo. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve System.
- Issue online: 29 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!