Corresponding author: Stefania D’Amico, Division of Monetary Affairs, Washington, DC 20551, USA. E-mail: stefania.d’firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Federal Reserve's Large-scale Asset Purchase Programmes: Rationale and Effects*
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 564, pages F415–F446, November 2012
How to Cite
D’Amico, S., English, W., López-Salido, D. and Nelson, E. (2012), The Federal Reserve's Large-scale Asset Purchase Programmes: Rationale and Effects. The Economic Journal, 122: F415–F446. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02550.x
For helpful comments on earlier versions of this article, we thank Mike Joyce, Thomas King, Elizabeth Klee, Canlin Li, Elmar Mertens, Dimitri Vayanos, Andrew Scott, Min Wei, Jonathan Wright and participants at the European Central Bank workshop, ‘Macroeconomic Impact of Nonstandard Monetary Policy Measures’ (March 2011), at the Seventh Meeting of Central Bank Monetary Policy Managers, Rio de Janeiro (April 2011), and at the Bank of England conference on ‘QE and Other Unconventional Monetary Policies’ (November 2011). We also thank seminar participants at the Bank of England and the IMF, as well as numerous colleagues at the Federal Reserve Board. D’Amico also acknowledges the hospitality of the Macrofinancial Analysis Division at the Bank of England. Benjamin Brookins, Christine Garnier, Andrew Giffin, Shenje Hshieh and John Sears provided research assistance. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System or its staff.
- Issue published online: 29 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2012
- Submitted: 15 December 2011 , Accepted: 06 June 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!