Corresponding author: Paul Grout, School of Economics, Finance & Management, 8 Woodland Road, Bristol, BS8 1TN, UK. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does Experience Make You ‘Tougher’? Evidence From Competition Law*
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 568, pages 474–490, May 2013
How to Cite
Garside, L., Grout, P. A. and Zalewska, A. (2013), Does Experience Make You ‘Tougher’? Evidence From Competition Law. The Economic Journal, 123: 474–490. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02560.x
We are grateful to the editor, Jörn-Steffen Pischke, and an anonymous referee for comments that improved the manuscript significantly. In addition, we are grateful for helpful comments from Tim Besley, Paul Clarke, David De Meza, Mathias Dewatripont, Matthew Ellman, Patrick François, Maitreesh Ghatak, Ian Jewitt, Clare Leaver, Fabien Postel-Vinay, Carol Propper, Richard Smith, Frank Windmeijer and participants of the Industrial Economics Seminar (Ecole Polytechnique, Paris), IESE (Barcelona), Max Planck Institute (Bonn), European University Institute (Florence), ACLE (Amsterdam), Warwick Business School, Erasmus University Rotterdam, ESRC Public Organisation Conference (London School of Economics), EC European Science Foundation Conference on Partnership and Privatisation (University of Bristol), and the Competition Commission, London. We are grateful to the Leverhulme Trust and ESRC for funding this research.
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 AUG 2012 10:19AM EST
- Submitted: 07 March 2011 Accepted: 18 April 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!