Corresponding author: Fabio Berton, Università del Piemonte Orientale, via Cavour 84–15121 Alessandria, Italy. E-mail: email@example.com.
Workers and Firms Sorting into Temporary Jobs*
Article first published online: 13 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2012 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 122, Issue 562, pages F125–F154, August 2012
How to Cite
Berton, F. and Garibaldi, P. (2012), Workers and Firms Sorting into Temporary Jobs. The Economic Journal, 122: F125–F154. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.2533.x
We thank David Card, Dalit Contini, Francesco Devicienti, Lia Pacelli, the seminar participants at the XXI AIEL Conference, at the Ph.D. workshops held at the Collegio Carlo Alberto in 2006 and 2007 and at the workshop ‘Increasing labor market flexibility–Boon or Bane?’ held in Nuremberg in 2011 and two anonymous Referees of Economic Journal for helpful comments and suggestions, and Roberto Quaranta for assistance on Whip data. Fabio Berton partly developed this research while visiting the Center for Labor Economics at the University of California at Berkeley and with financial support from the CRT Foundation and from the Collegio Carlo Alberto through the project ‘Causes, processes and consequences of flexicurity reforms in the European Union: lessons from Bismarckian countries’. Pietro Garibaldi is also affiliated with CEPR, IZA and Fondazione de Benedetti.
- Issue published online: 13 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 13 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Two-tier labor market reform and entry wage of protected workers: evidence from Italy, Empirical Economics, 2015,, ,
- 3Dual labour markets and the tenure distribution: Reducing severance pay or introducing a single contract, Labour Economics, 2014, 29, 1, ,
- 4Education and employment protection, Labour Economics, 2013, 20, 3, ,