We would like to thank Enrique Alberola, Joshua Aizenman, Erik Berglöf, Guillermo Calvo, Jin Han, Andrea Ichino, Jean Imbs, Maurizio Mazzocco, Joe Ostroy, Amine Ouazad and Romain Wacziarg as well as participants at the Economic Policy panel meeting for helpful comments, and the following people for sharing their data sets with us: Reza Baqir (IMF Vulnerability Exercise for Emerging Economies); Herman Kamil (foreign currency borrowing by sector in Latin America); Stephanie Prat (foreign currency foreign assets and liabilities for various emerging economies); and Christoph Rosenberg and Marcel Tirpak (direct borrowing in East Europe from abroad). The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the IMF or IMF policy.
Currency mismatch, systemic risk and growth in emerging Europe
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2010
© CEPR, CES, MSH, 2010
Volume 25, Issue 64, pages 597–658, October 2010
How to Cite
Ranciere, R., Tornell, A. and Vamvakidis, A. (2010), Currency mismatch, systemic risk and growth in emerging Europe. Economic Policy, 25: 597–658. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0327.2010.00251.x
The Managing Editor in charge of this paper was Tullio Jappelli.
- Issue published online: 8 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!