The authors thank Michael Beenstock, Jakob de Haan, Richard Ericson, Michael Koetter, Dirk Krueger, Isabel Schnabel (the editor), Elmer Sterken, two anonymous referees and participants of the EERC Research Workshop for useful comments and suggestions. They are grateful to Emilia Jurzyk and Iman Van Lelyveld for kindly sharing their data. Richard Gigengack has kindly agreed to proofread this manuscript. The work on this paper was supported by an individual grant No. RO7-1181 from the Economics Education and Research consortium, Inc. (EERC), with funds provided by the Eurasia foundation (with funding from the US Agency for International Development), the World Bank Institution, the Global Development Network and the Government of Sweden. The usual disclaimer applies.
Foreign bank entry, bank efficiency and market power in Central and Eastern European Countries1
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Economics of Transition
Volume 18, Issue 3, pages 571–598, July 2010
How to Cite
Poghosyan, T. and Poghosyan, A. (2010), Foreign bank entry, bank efficiency and market power in Central and Eastern European Countries. Economics of Transition, 18: 571–598. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0351.2009.00378.x
- Issue published online: 9 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2010
- Received: June 3, 2008; Acceptance: April 15, 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!