We thank Philippe Aghion, Daniel Baumgarten, John Bonin (the Editor), Hans Degryse, Christoph Engel, Hendrik Hakenes, Martin Hellwig, Alfredo R. Paloyo, Jörg Rocholl, Christoph M. Schmidt and Christian Traxler for their valuable comments and suggestions. We also benefited from comments by participants of the RGS Workshop at RWI Essen, the Brown Bag Seminar at University of Mainz, the 7th Workshop on Money, Banking and Financial Markets in Düsseldorf, the Barcelona GSE Banking Summer School 2009, and the Annual Congress of the Verein für Socialpolitik 2009 in Magdeburg. Financial support from the Leibniz Association through RGS Econ is gratefully acknowledged.
Public ownership of banks and economic growth
The impact of country heterogeneity1
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Economics of Transition © 2011 The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Economics of Transition
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 407–441, July 2011
How to Cite
Körner, T. and Schnabel, I. (2011), Public ownership of banks and economic growth. Economics of Transition, 19: 407–441. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0351.2011.00421.x
- Issue published online: 27 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
- Received: March 17, 2011; Acceptance: March 23, 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!