We are grateful to Daniel Berkowitz, Hongbin Cai, Cheryl Long, Jie Ma, Yanru Wang, Linda Yueh, Li-An Zhou and other participants of seminars at the 2011 ASSA/ACES annual meeting in Denver, Colorado, as well as seminars at Peking University and Oxford University, for useful comments. We are especially grateful to Yingyi Qian, the editor, for helpful suggestions that substantially improved the paper and to Bernard Yeung for many useful suggestions and ideas that partly shaped the paper. The authors are responsible for all remaining errors, and the findings here do not implicate the World Bank, its executive directors or the member countries that they represent.
Foreign direct investment under a weak rule of law
Theory and evidence from China1
Article first published online: 10 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Economics of Transition © 2012 The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Economics of Transition
Volume 20, Issue 3, pages 401–424, July 2012
How to Cite
Wang, X., Xu, L. C. and Zhu, T. (2012), Foreign direct investment under a weak rule of law. Economics of Transition, 20: 401–424. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0351.2012.00436.x
- Issue published online: 5 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 10 MAY 2012
- Received: October 7, 2009; Acceptance: June 5, 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!