We are grateful to Daniel Berkowitz, Hongbin Cai, Cheryl Long, Jie Ma, Yanru Wang, Linda Yueh, Li-An Zhou and other participants of seminars at the 2011 ASSA/ACES annual meeting in Denver, Colorado, as well as seminars at Peking University and Oxford University, for useful comments. We are especially grateful to Yingyi Qian, the editor, for helpful suggestions that substantially improved the paper and to Bernard Yeung for many useful suggestions and ideas that partly shaped the paper. The authors are responsible for all remaining errors, and the findings here do not implicate the World Bank, its executive directors or the member countries that they represent.
Foreign direct investment under a weak rule of law
Theory and evidence from China1
Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Economics of Transition © 2012 The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Economics of Transition
Volume 20, Issue 3, pages 401–424, July 2012
How to Cite
Wang, X., Xu, L. C. and Zhu, T. (2012), Foreign direct investment under a weak rule of law. Economics of Transition, 20: 401–424. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0351.2012.00436.x
- Issue online: 5 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2012
- Received: October 7, 2009; Acceptance: June 5, 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!