The paper is based in part on the M. Phil of the first author, completed in 1997, entitled ‘Employment effects and performance of acquisitions: UK evidence’; under the supervision of the second. The authors are most grateful to the Institute of Accountants of England and Wales for financial support and to an anonymous referee. They also thank Ian Garrett, Marc Goergen, and Professors Len Skerratt and Martin Walker for their advice and encouragement. We are grateful to participants in seminars at the European Financial Management Conference on Corporate Restructuring in Barcelona in May 2001, the Universities of Manchester, Manchester Business School, Nottingham, Notingham Trent and the BAA National Conference in Glasgow at which earlier drafts of this paper were presented. Thanks especially Professors Andrew Stark and Steve Thompson. All errors remaining are ours alone.
An Examination of Takeovers, Job Loss and the Wage Decline within UK Industry
Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2004
European Financial Management
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 141–165, March 2004
How to Cite
Beckmann, T. and Forbes, W. (2004), An Examination of Takeovers, Job Loss and the Wage Decline within UK Industry. European Financial Management, 10: 141–165. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2004.00243.x
- Issue online: 20 FEB 2004
- Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!