I wish to thank an anonymous referee, John Doukas (the editor), Emanuele Bajo, Giovanni Barone-Adesi, Suzanne Bellezza, Lorenzo Caprio, François Degeorge, Abe de Jong, Mara Faccio, Rosario Dell'Acquila, Michel Habib, David Hillier, Loriano Mancini, Maurizio Murgia, René Stulz, Marie Sushka, and Fabio Trojani. I also benefited from helpful comments of seminar participants at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, University of Bologna, the University of Lugano, the Università Cattolica of Milan, the 2003 and 2004 Swiss Doctoral Workshops in Finance in Gerzensee, the 2003 EFA Doctorial Tutorial in Glasgow, the 2003 AFFI meeting in Paris, the 2004 European Doctoral Seminar in Finance in Paris, the 2004 EFMA meeting in Basel, and the 2004 EFA meeting in Maastricht. The paper is based on my doctoral thesis and was written when I was at the University of Lugano. Part of this research has been carried out within the project on Corporate Finance of the National Center of Competence in Research ‘Financial Valuation and Risk Management’ (NCCR FINRISK). The NCCR FINRISK is a research programme supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation. Earlier drafts of the paper circulated under the title ‘Corporate minority investors: an empirical analysis’.
Corporate Raiders, Performance and Governance in Europe
Version of Record online: 23 OCT 2007
European Financial Management
Volume 13, Issue 5, pages 949–978, November 2007
How to Cite
Croci, E. (2007), Corporate Raiders, Performance and Governance in Europe. European Financial Management, 13: 949–978. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2007.00387.x
- Issue online: 23 OCT 2007
- Version of Record online: 23 OCT 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!