The authors wish to thank an anonymous referee and Professor John Doukas (the Editor) for insightful comments and useful suggestions. Previous versions of this paper were presented at seminars at Bocconi University Milan, Queen's University Belfast and Dublin City University, at the European meeting of the Financial Management Association in Dublin, June 2003, at the Annual Meeting of the European Finance Association in Glasgow, August 2003, at the Annual Meeting of the Global Finance Association in Dublin, June 2005, at the Annual Meeting of the European Financial Management Association in Milan, June 2005, and at the INFINITI conference in Trinity College Dublin. The authors wish to thank the participants at these meetings for useful comments and discussions. All remaining errors are ours.
Have European Stocks become More Volatile? An Empirical Investigation of Idiosyncratic and Market Risk in the Euro Area
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2007
© 2007 The Authors Journal compilation © 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 419–444, June 2008
How to Cite
Kearney, C. and Potì, V. (2008), Have European Stocks become More Volatile? An Empirical Investigation of Idiosyncratic and Market Risk in the Euro Area. European Financial Management, 14: 419–444. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2007.00395.x
The authors gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences. Correspondence: Valerie Poti.
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!