Part of this research was conducted while Marie Dutordoir was a visiting scholar at Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York. We thank an anonymous referee, Abe de Jong, Laurie Hodrick, Nancy Huyghebaert, and Piet Sercu for detailed suggestions. We also thank workshop participants at Columbia University, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, the 2004 EFMA meeting, the 2004 Belgian Financial Research Forum, and the 2004 Corporate Finance Day Ghent for insightful comments. Correspondence: Linda Van de Gucht.
Why Do Western European Firms Issue Convertibles Instead of Straight Debt or Equity?
Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2008
© 2008 The Authors Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 15, Issue 3, pages 563–583, June 2009
How to Cite
Dutordoir, M. and Van de Gucht, L. (2009), Why Do Western European Firms Issue Convertibles Instead of Straight Debt or Equity?. European Financial Management, 15: 563–583. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2007.00433.x
[Correction added after online publication 15 May 2009: Affiliation of author Marie Dutordoir amended.[
- Issue online: 26 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!