Bank of Montreal Financial Group Faculty Fellow. I would like to thank an anonymous referee, John Doukas (the Editor), Chris Anderson, Murray Bryant, Luis Navas, Colette Southam and seminar participants at Dalhousie University, the Southwestern Ontario Finance Symposium, and the European Financial Management Symposium on Corporate Governance & Shareholder Activism in Milan for helpful comments on earlier versions of the paper. Financial support from the Institute of Corporate Directors Blue Ribbon Commission is gratefully acknowledged. Umber Gosain, Alec Miller and Andy Sun provided excellent research assistance. All remaining errors are my own. Please address all correspondence to Stephen Sapp Richard Ivey School of Business, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 3K7.
The Impact of Corporate Governance on Executive Compensation
Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2008
© 2008 The Author Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 710–746, September 2008
How to Cite
Sapp, S. G. (2008), The Impact of Corporate Governance on Executive Compensation. European Financial Management, 14: 710–746. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2008.00443.x
- Issue online: 12 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!