We are grateful to an anonymous referee, Anocha Aribarg, Bruce Bender, Joon Chae, Haiwei Chen, Kee Chung, John Doukas (the editor), Harald Henke, Rob Nelson, John Nofsinger, Atanu Sinha, Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, Qinghai Wang, and to various stock market officials from around the world (officials from two exchanges in particular) for discussions and/or comments on earlier versions of this paper. Choonsik Lee provided superb research assistance. The usual disclaimer applies. Correspondence: Kenneth A. Kim.
Why Do Price Limits Exist in Stock Markets? A Manipulation-Based Explanation
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2008
© 2008 The Authors Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 16, Issue 2, pages 296–318, March 2010
How to Cite
Kim, K. A. and Park, J. (2010), Why Do Price Limits Exist in Stock Markets? A Manipulation-Based Explanation. European Financial Management, 16: 296–318. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2008.00456.x
- Issue published online: 25 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!