We acknowledge support from Rolf Visser for allowing us to use the databases of Deloitte Corporate Finance. We are grateful for valuable comments from an anonymous referee, Noel Bauldeweyn, Laura Cabeza-Garcia, Hans Degryse, Julian Franks, Marc Goergen, Johan Lupi, Steven Ongena, Peter Szilagyi, and Chendi Zhang as well as from the participants of European Financial Management conference in Vienna, M&A conference at Utrecht University, the NEWGOV conference at European University Institute (Florence), and seminars at Tilburg University and Sheffield University. Luc Renneboog is grateful to the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research for a replacement subsidy of the programme ‘Shifts in Governance’; the authors also gratefully acknowledge support from the European Commission via the ‘New Modes of Governance’-project (NEWGOV) led by the European University Institute in Florence; contract nr. CIT1-CT-2004-506392. Correspondence: Luc Renneboog.
The Performance of the European Market for Corporate Control: Evidence from the Fifth Takeover Wave
Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 208–259, March 2011
How to Cite
Martynova, M. and Renneboog, L. (2011), The Performance of the European Market for Corporate Control: Evidence from the Fifth Takeover Wave. European Financial Management, 17: 208–259. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2009.00497.x
- Issue online: 5 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!