We are grateful to all Chief Financial Officers who have participated in this study, and to the corporate finance team of BNP Paribas and Euronext for their valuable comments and suggestions. We would like to thank John Doukas (editor) and two anonymous referees for valuable comments and suggestions. We also thank Douglas Cummings, Susanne Espenlaub, Anjo Koenter-Kant and participants at the 2008 EFM Special IPO Symposium, 2008 Financial Management European, and 2007 Northern Finance Association meetings for helpful comments, and Zhou Zhang, Weimin and Huihui for excellent research assistance. Mittoo acknowledges funding from the Bank of Montreal Professorship and from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. Correspondence: Franck Bancel.
Why Do European Firms Go Public?
Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
European Financial Management
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 844–884, September 2009
How to Cite
Bancel, F. and Mittoo, U. R. (2009), Why Do European Firms Go Public?. European Financial Management, 15: 844–884. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2009.00501.x
- Issue online: 30 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!