We thank an anonymous referee, John Doukas (the editor), Stefan Duffner, Colin Mayer, Ken Okamura, Pedro Seiler, and participants at the EARIE conference 2005 in Porto for helpful comments and Edith Bernhard, Max Lienhard, Max Schmid, and Andreas Wernli for support with data provision and helpful research assistance. Parts of this research were undertaken while Beiner was at the Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford, Schmid at the Stern School of Business, New York University, and Wanzenried at the Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley. We acknowledge financial support from the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) and the Freiwillige Akademische Gesellschaft (FAG). All errors remain our responsibility.
Product Market Competition, Managerial Incentives and Firm Valuation
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 331–366, March 2011
How to Cite
Beiner, S., Schmid, M. M. and Wanzenried, G. (2011), Product Market Competition, Managerial Incentives and Firm Valuation. European Financial Management, 17: 331–366. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2009.00505.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!