The authors wish to express their gratitude to the editor John Doukas and an anonymous referee at European Financial Management. They are further grateful for the useful comments from Abe de Jong, Marc Deloof, Nico Dewaelheyns, Tom Franck, Florian Geiger, Jean-Yves Gnabo, Anjo Koëter-Kant, Mathieu Luypaert, Randy Priem, Piet Sercu, Jo Van Biesebroeck, Linda Van de Gucht, Lambert Vanthienen, and Lihong Wang on an earlier draft of this paper. They also highly appreciate the comments received from participants at the Corporate Finance Day in Rotterdam and Antwerpen (September 2008 and September 2009), the UCL/KULeuven workshop in Brussels (January 2009), the research seminar held at the University of Antwerp (May 2009), and the EFMA Annual Meeting in Milan (June 2009). They wish to sincerely thank the National Bank of Belgium (NB/07/04) for the financial support that was received for this research project. Correspondence: Katrien Craninckx.
Can Stock Markets Predict M&A Failure? A Study of European Transactions in the Fifth Takeover Wave
Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 9–45, January 2011
How to Cite
Craninckx, K. and Huyghebaert, N. (2011), Can Stock Markets Predict M&A Failure? A Study of European Transactions in the Fifth Takeover Wave. European Financial Management, 17: 9–45. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2010.00541.x
- Issue online: 28 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!