We are grateful for valuable suggestions from two anonymous referees, André Betzer, Marshall E. Blume, Diana Bonfim (discussant), Fabio Braggion, Bonnie Buchanan (discussant), Geraldo Cerqueiro, John Doukas (the editor), Baran Düzce, Gerard Hertig, Aukje Leufkens, Catherine M. Schrand, Erik Vermeulen, Dirk Zetzsche, and participants at the China International Conference in Finance in Beijing, the Columbia University/Duisenberg School of Finance Business Law and Innovation Conference in Amsterdam, the EFMA Annual Meetings in Aarhus, the EFM Symposium on Corporate governance and Control in Cambridge, the Law and Finance Roundtable in Oxford, the Portuguese Finance Network's 6th Finance Conference in Ponta Delgada, the Wharton-Cambridge Research Day, and a seminar at the University of Cambridge. All remaining errors are our own. The paper was supported by a Hungarian Eötvös Grant.
Shareholder Activism through Proxy Proposals: The European Perspective
Version of Record online: 16 AUG 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 16, Issue 5, pages 738–777, November 2010
How to Cite
Cziraki, P., Renneboog, L. and Szilagyi, P. G. (2010), Shareholder Activism through Proxy Proposals: The European Perspective. European Financial Management, 16: 738–777. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2010.00559.x
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!