I am grateful to an anonymous referee, Morten Bennedsen, David Brophy, Robert Chirinko, David J. Denis, Miguel Ferreira, Jana Fidrmuc, Denis Gromb, Hans Christian Kongsted, Nikolaj Malchow-Møller, Ludovic Phalippou, Thomas Rønde, Carsten Sørensen, Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, Daniel Wolfenzon, and seminar participants at Bocconi University, Cass Business School, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Copenhagen Business School, Durham Business School, Imperial College, Instituto de Empresa, ISCTE Business School, Lund University, Manchester Business School, Tilburg University, University of Copenhagen, the Financial Intermediation Research Society's Conference in Shanghai 2006, the FMA 2006 Meeting in Salt Lake City, the Netspar 2007 Conference in Amsterdam, the Asian FMA 2007 Meeting in Hong Kong, the NTU International Conference on Economics, Finance, and Accounting in Taipei 2008, the Institutional Investors and Asset Management Industry Conference at University of Oregon 2008, and the 2010 EFM Symposium on Entrepreneurial Finance and Venture Capital Markets in Montreal for helpful comments and suggestions. This project has been supported financially by the Centre for Economic and Business Research (CEBR), the Danish Centre for Accounting and Finance (D-CAF), and the Economic Policy Research Network.
The Return to Direct Investment in Private Firms: New Evidence on the Private Equity Premium Puzzle*
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 17, Issue 3, pages 436–463, June 2011
How to Cite
Nielsen, K. M. (2011), The Return to Direct Investment in Private Firms: New Evidence on the Private Equity Premium Puzzle. European Financial Management, 17: 436–463. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2010.00562.x
Contact information: Department of Finance, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong SAR, China. E-mail: email@example.com
- Issue published online: 25 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!